To make your own unique look and style for Christmas you might want to learn how to make outdoor Christmas decorations. Outdoor Christmas decorations are easy to make and can be customized to your style instead of the premade stuff at the store. Making your own outdoor decorations allows you to build it the size that you want and in the colors of your choice. These are also fun wood form outdoor Christmas decorations that the kids can help finish by painting and adding lights. The possibilities of the things you can make are endless.
To make your own outdoor Christmas decorations, you will need:
- Lights – Make sure that are for outdoor use
- Wood – Various lengths and sizes
- Tools – various hand tools, will depend on what you design
- Pine garland
- Tinsel garland
- Chicken Wire
- Cardboard – To make templates
- Candy Canes. Decide how large you want your candy cane outdoor Christmas decorations to be. Use the cardboard as a template to draw the arches on the wood. Use a jigsaw to cut out the forms. Paint red and white strips to resemble the real thing. Now if you want to get really creative drill holes in the candy canes to feed lights through from the back. If you are using miniature lights a half-inch drill bit should work nicely. Once the holes are drilled places the lights through the holes and staple down the cords with a staple gun.
- Gingerbread Men. Wooden gingerbread men and fun and whimsical outdoor Christmas decorations. All that is required is a piece of plywood, a jigsaw, and some paint to bring these little men to life. Draw a template on a piece of cardboard and transfer to your wood. Cut out the shape using a jigsaw. Paint as desired. You can also use large buttons, ribbons, or other things to make your gingerbread men more original.
- Snowman. Using a piece of plywood cut out three circles of different sizes or one single piece to simulate three separate ones to form the snowman. One for the bottom, one for the middle, and one for the head. You can cut out a wooden hat or use a real one if you prefer. Paint the circles white and the hat black. Paint on a scarf, eyes, nose and mouth or real items for a more 3-D design. Just don’t forget his corn cob pipe.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.