Do you want to learn how to make an over the hill gift basket? Milestone birthdays come in all sizes, but there's nothing like a 50th over the hill gift basket to ring in the new decade. Actually, unless your friend is expecting to live to the century mark, 50 is technically on the other side of the proverbial hill, but it is the appropriate time to start the celebration of the decline into the elder years. Creating an over the hill birthday basket is fun and can be fairly inexpensive if you peruse dollar stores and sales at your local drug store. Below, are a few tips on putting together an over the hill gift basket.
To put together an over the hill gift basket, you will need:
- Two black helium balloons. Any dark color will work but black most identifies with being over the hill.
- A package of hemorrhoid preparation
- A package of Ben Gay
- A deck of extra large playing cards
- An old fashioned nightie, socks and head cap
- Two Depends diapers
- Denture adhesive
- Foot cream and corn removal pads
- A magnifying glass
- A large basket
- Black tissue paper
- Black ribbon
- Celebrate that milestone birthday by preparing the over the hill birthday basket with crumpled black tissue paper in the bottom. Attach the two black helium balloons to the handle of the gift basket and add some black ribbon, curled nicely. You'll really want your over the hill basket to stand out from the rest of the gifts.
- Wrap the ben gay, foot cream and corn removal pads and hemorrhoid preparation. Wrapping just a few presents will prolong the agony of opening your over the hill birthday gift and, after all, isn't that what you're going for? There is no need to overwrap, though, as you're sure to draw laughs just with the presentation of the basket.
- Place the nightie, socks and night cap in a prominent position. Since these are the most sizeable gifts in the basket, and probably the funniest, set these up on a side so that they're immediately noticeable.
- Add the other over the hill birthday basket items around the gift basket. Artfully arrange the rest of the birthday gifts and sprinkle over the hill confetti over the whole basket. If you can get some with skulls and crossbones, you're way ahead of the crowd.
Being conscious of your friend's birthday feelings as they approach a milestone birthday means an over the hill basket will either be a big hit or draw boos. Do not put together an over the hill basket for anyone over 50 as they're truly on the downhill side of the hill, and it won't be very funny.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”