Learning how to make oyster stew using canned oysters is not hard. Follow the recipe below and make your everyone's mouth water at dinner time. Oyster stew best served after it has set over night and reheated the next morning. It is a great way to start of your morning. This is a traditional way grandmothers cook oyster stew. Keep the tradition of old fashioned cooking alive with this recipe.
For Oyster Stew you will need:
- Two pints of canned oysters
- One and a half gallons of whole milk
- One and a half sticks of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stew pot
How To Make Oyster Stew Using Canned Oysters:
- Pour one and a half gallons of milk into a stew pot. Add one and half sticks of butter. Next, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Be sure to stir constantly. This prevents the milk from scorching to the stew pot.
- While the stew is cooking. Drain your oysters in a strainer. Continue cooking your stew for about twenty to thirty minutes.
- Add your oysters to the stew. Continue to stir constantly so you do not scorch the oyster stew.
- Cook an additional thirty minutes over low heat. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and cover for about fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls and add oyster crackers for a better flavor.
- Place remaining oyster stew in a refrigerator over night. Reheat on low heat the next morning. The flavor tastes even better the next morning.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...