How To Make Paintball Bunkers
You can learn how to make paintball bunkers in an “on-the-job” style in one weekend. The next weekend can be spent enjoying the paintball bunker. Paintball is a popular and fun game.
Things you will need to make a paintball bunker:
- 18 Tires
- Reciprocating Saw
- Concrete Blocks
- Piece of Plywood, 5-foot x 6-foot
- 12 – 12 inch stakes
- Wood Glue
- Old Blanket
- Measuring Tape
To create the low wall:
- Put two out of 18 tires on the ground that should be flushed against each other at a 45 degree angle. This will be the foundation as you make the paintball bunker.
- Keep two tires atop these tires to form a column.
- Mark five feet from the end of the first tire column. This defines the area of the paintball bunker.
- At this point, stack the rest of the tires. The paintball bunker will start to take shape.
Build and secure your high wall:
- Place a 5x6 feet plywood in front of the tire column such that one end is two inches in front of the tires.
- Hammer stakes in front of the plywood flushing them against it, starting from the far end and moving towards the center. Make sure it will stand up without collapsing the paintball bunker.
- Place cinder blocks in front of the plywood, creating a base along the length of the plywood. You will use this wall of the paintball bunker to shield yourself.
- Create a base of cement blocks behind the plywood with a smooth surface facing upward.
- Place cinder blocks behind the plywood keeping the blocks facing upward.
Finishing and additions:
- Use a saw to cut four holes through the back of the plywood, an inch above the cement blocks. Two should be near the sides, and two towards the center of the paintball bunker.
- Make thick lines across the top of the cement blocks with wood glue, along the base of each block of the paintball bunker.
- Lay an old blanket on top of the cement blocks and press down to affix. This completes the paintball bunker.