Would you like to save some of your hard earned cash and learn how to make a pair of jeans? If so, you have come to the right place. Buying jeans, at times, can be a bit aggravating. Prior to discovering a pair that fits perfectly, many people have to squander a lot of time in the dressing room. So why not make your own pair? Here is your opportunity to create your own stylish jeans. Everyone loves wearing them!
Materials Needed To Make Jeans:
- Sewing machine
- Pattern for jeans
- First, you will need to take your measurements. The most important measurements for jeans are your hips and waist because they can be challenging to alter. Measure below the waist at about eight or nine inches lower. You can then use this measurement to gauge the perfect pattern from the manufacturer's sizing chart.
- Many denims are too slender for jeans, so please be cautious when you are selecting your fabric. You should choose "jeans-grade" denim. Denim comes in many colors and you can even dye the fabric.
- Next, you will need to take measurements at different points from the waist to the hips and the legs. Make sure to write down the measurements and compare them to those that are on the pattern. Preshrink the denim by washing and drying the fabric on the same settings as you would wash any jeans. To be positive that your jeans truly fit, you should prewash your fabric, and your denim will be less complicated to deal with.
- Now you will need to follow the directions on the pattern. All you will need to do is cut the fabric and sew it according to the directions on the pattern. Arrange the fabric on a table and lay the pattern pieces on it by following the pattern guide. You will need to cut out the denim. Sew the pockets into the jeans and top stitch the opening of the pocket by going after the guidelines of the pattern.
- Set the front pieces and right side of the jeans together. You will need to seam the front crotch closure to the zipper gap. Position the zipper in place, and then stitch it. Fasten the rear pockets and top stitch them to the jeans. Attach the side ridges and stitch them in place. Fasten the waistband in place and seam it. Use a snap or button to complete the waistband.
- Put on the jeans and see if you need to make any corrections. Fold the edge of the pants and sew the hem in place. Make sure you wash and dry the completed jeans before you begin wearing them. Congratulations, you have just created your own pair of jeans.
- You should utilize a sewing machine that is considered heavy-duty. You may want to check the sewing machine manual, but some machines are not truly capable for sewing bulky, rough denim.
- Before putting on your zipper, you should see how your jeans fit. Use safety pins to shut the zipper gap.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Best Female Singers in Indie Music
Songstresses we love, from Brooklyn to Scandinavia.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Style Profile: Jesse Nolan of Caught a Ghost
One of the most stylish guys in indie music on the benefits of dressing up for your home office and the "Blossom"-esque trend men should avoid.