Learn to make the Pall Mall cocktail if you are in need of a drink that tastes, and sometimes smells, like the cigarette with the same name. Some think this cocktail has the taste of an ashtray; however, others feel it is something you learn to enjoy. The Pall Mall cocktail surfaced during the height of gin popularity in the 1930’s. Thanks to that era, everyone can enjoy this delightfully strange cocktail concoction.
To make a Pall Mall cocktail, you will need:
- 3/4 ounce dry vermouth
- 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
- 3/4 ounce English gin
- 1/4 ounce white crème de menthe
- dash of orange bitters
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- Maraschino cherry
- Cocktail stick
- Add 3/4 ounce dry vermouth, 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth, 3/4 ounce English gin and 1/4 ounce white crème de menthe to a cocktail shaker. Add a dash of orange bitters and fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake the contents of the cocktail shaker well to make a Pall Mall cocktail. Open the shaker cover and strain the contents into a cold martini glass or cocktail glass of your choice.
- Garnish the Pall Mall Cocktail with a maraschino cherry on a cocktail stick or an orange slice stuck on the edge of the glass. This drink is not served over ice.
Make a Pall Mall cocktail without measuring by mixing the drink as being one-third of dry vermouth, sweet vermouth and English gin. Add approximately one-teaspoon white crème de menthe and a dash of orange bitters to the mixture.
- Mix the Pall Mall cocktail without a cocktail shaker by adding all ingredients to a large glass filled with ice. Stir the contents with a tall stir stick. Strain the cocktail into a cold martini glass by placing a glass sized strainer or top.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.