Figuring out how to make paper bat decorations is easy and there are different ideas to choose from. Decide how much time you want to spend on this decoration and create accordingly.
To make paper bats you will need the following materials:
- black paper
- stapler (optional)
- tissue paper (optional)
- string to hang up the bat
- Use black paper to make a basic paper bat decoration. Any type of paper will work, but stiffer paper like card stock helps the cut out to keep its shape. Outline the shape of a bat, being sure to include the body as well as a wing on each side. This outline can be very detailed, or just the general shape of a bat.
- Add eyes to the paper bat. When using black paper, chalk is the best material to draw with. Much like the shape of the bat, this decoration can be as elaborate or as plain as you want. If you are making multiple decorations, go with the plain style because it will save you lots of time. If you have the time, add things like fangs or red chalk eyes. You can even draw the wings inside structure.
- Create a three dimensional decoration with tissue paper. Take two of the bat shapes and staple the edges together, leaving a hole at the top. Fill the bat with tissue paper until full. Staple the edges of the top to finish. You can use a heavy duty glue as well, but be sure to hold the pieces together until you are sure it sticks. Also, with glue, you need to be very careful when filling it with paper.
- Use whatever paper you have on hand to fill the inside. Don't have any tissue paper laying around the house? Fill up the paper bat decoration with toilet paper, paper towels, or other pieces of crumpled up paper to give it some depth. Use the string to hang the bat up around the house.
Making a paper bat decoration is simple and easy with just a few items you have at home.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…