Many people don’t know how to fold a paper boat, but in reality it’s just as simple as making a paper airplane. The following guide will show you step by step exactly how to fold the perfect paper boat, and even keep it from sinking.
You will need:
- An 11″ x 8.5″ piece of typing paper
- The first part of how to fold a paper boat is to fold a normal 11” x 8.5” piece of typing paper in half. In other words the 8.5” edges should meet each other.
- Then, fold the upper left hand corner and the upper right hand corner to the center, meeting each other in the middle.
- Next, fold the lower part of the paper up over the upper left and right corners that were folded down in step 2. Flip it over and fold the other side up the same amount as the front. Fold the bottom corners in, overlapping them and forming a triangle. The folded paper boat should now look like a triangle.
- Open the bottom of the folded paper boat, and pull down the upper and lower parts over each other. This will form a square shape. Hold the paper boat with the flaps down and fold the corners of it, into the top of the boat. The boat should basically look like a triangle coming out of a diagonal square.
- The next step to how to fold a paper boat is to pull the middle out to form a square once again. Along the top there should be two triangles. Pull them apart, but slowly, because if done too quickly, it will cause the paper to pop loose from the other folds.
- The final step in how to fold a paper boat is to make sure the boat looks right, and there isn’t any gaps along the way that will allow water into it. If there are gaps, it will sink the tiny paper boat.
- Now that you have a boat, rub paraffin wax over the bottom of the boat, and it will be water proof, allowing for multiple uses for the brand new boat, and that’s how to fold a paper boat, and even use it over and over.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.