Learning how to make paper look old can give your documents and papers a more antique look, and it can even fool an unsuspecting person into thinking they’re really holding an ancient document! Whether you’re using the sheet for a prop, a gimmick or for looks, this is the best way to make paper look old without it looking fake.
To make paper look old, you will need:
- An oven
- A piece of copy paper
- A baking sheet
- A teabag
- A stove pot for making tea
- Coffee powder
- A toothbrush
- Start by writing anything that you want on the sheet. It’s best to do this beforehand so that your old paper has a more authentic look. Make sure you’ve included everything that you want because going back and editing it after your done will obviously look strange.
- Place the baking sheet on a counter and put the sheet on top of it. It’s best to use a baking sheet that has raised edges so that the tea you’ll make doesn’t run over the sides. After you’ve done this, put it aside and make enough tea that would fill two cups. Dispose of the teabags once you’re finished.
- Begin gently pouring the tea over the sheet. Make sure to fill it up just enough that it is barely covering the sheet. You will want your piece of paper to be submerged in the tea, but just barely.
- Sprinkle coffee powder all over the paper. How much coffee powder you sprinkle really depends on what you want your old sheet to look like. The more coffee powder you sprinkle, the darker your paper will turn out to be. Let the pan sit for about five minutes.
- After 5 minutes has passed, pour the excess tea out, and try to get as much of the coffee powder off as possible. Don’t freak out if some of the coffee powder stays, though.
- Bake the paper on the pan in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees. Wait for the oven to fully preheat before putting the pan in the oven. You’ll know that the sheet is done when you see the edges curling.
- When finished, remove the pan from the oven and let cool. While it’s cooling, you can use a toothbrush to brush away any excess powder. Let the paper completely cool, and it will be ready for use for whatever!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.