How To Make Party Hats
How to make party hats can be a lot of fun for all age groups, and it is the perfect hands-on inclusion for a special birthday, anniversary, holiday, family reunion, or business event. The idea of having all the guests pitch right in and make original hats from the supplies provided makes everyone anxious to outshine the other participants and see if his or her hat is the best.
- You can gather all the necessary materials yourself or go to a party store to get the makings for the party hats. The store will have all the contents ready to buy so that you do not have to get them individually.
- There are companies that specialize in providing all the materials with a particular theme. They will come in and set everything up and show your guests how to make the hats.
- If you want to buy the materials yourself, be sure you get plenty of construction paper, card stock, or poster board, lots of decorations and embellishments, stickers, and anything else that you feel goes along with the theme of the party. You will have to provide scissors, glue or a glue gun, tape, and staplers.
- Party hats can be cut into different shapes, but the easiest to make is the Cone: (A) Using a circular piece of any color paper or poster board (you can use a dinner plate to get the right shape), cut a thin triangular strip from the outside of the circle into the middle. (B) Fold that around to form the cone. (C) Tape. glue, or staple into place. (D) Continue to put on the decorations in the most creative way possible. (E) Staple a string on each side to tie and keep the hat from falling off.
- Think about the theme of your party when buying embellishments. For instance, you can use Monopoly money, playing cards, and dice for a party hat having a casino theme. If it is a business meeting, you can make use of logo materials and other items that represent what type of business it is. For a western theme, you could provide pictures of cowboys, horses, guns, etc. For a birthday or anniversary, you can use old photos of the celebrant.
- Use your creativity to think of decorations that will fit the theme. The ideas are endless.
- Many hats take only approximately fifteen minutes to make. Then the guests can walk around to show off their unusual party hats and comment on those made by others. The best part is that they get to take the party hat home as a memento that will continue to make them think of you or your company.