If it is your turn to start hosting the family gatherings, it is a perfect time to learn how to make a Passover lamb. There are many variations out there but a roasted Passover lamb is definitely one of the easier choices. Not only does a roasted hunk of lamb taste amazing, the smell will drive your guests wild.
To make Passover lamb, you will need:
- A six to eight pound leg of lamb
- One quarter cup of olive oil
- Ten cloves of garlic chopped
- Two teaspoons of ground sea salt
- One and half teaspoons of freshly ground pepper
- Two tablespoons of turmeric
- Two tablespoons of dried oregano
- One lemon
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Meat thermometer
- Butcher. When you are ready to make Passover lamb, you will need to have the meat boned and butterflied. Remove as much fat as possible and try to achieve an even thickness to meat. Or better yet, ask your butcher to do it.
- Mix and wait. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, turmeric and oregano. Smear this all over the lamb and allow the meat to come to room temperature for about an hour.
- Broil. To make this Passover lamb, we will want to broil it long enough to get a nice crust. Preheat your broiler on the highest temperature for ten minutes. Place the Passover lamb in a pan with a wire rack. Broil both sides for five to ten minutes or until browned.
- Reduce. Place your meat thermometer in the thick part of the lamb and reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees. Cook it for another hour but check the thermometer after 40 minutes to keep on eye on the temperature. Passover lamb comes out pink and tender at 140 degrees on your thermometer.
- Removal. When the lamb is done, take it out and squeeze the juice from one lemon right away. Garnish with parsley and allow the meat to rest for fifteen minutes before slicing.
- If the Passover lamb beats the other dishes you can leave it in the oven on the lowest setting. If it is getting too brown, put a foil tent over it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…