Learning how to make a Peach and Cardamom Sidecar is a great way to showcase the flavors of cardamom, mixed with the sweet flavor of peaches. Cardamom has a complex flavor with lemon and a note of eucalyptus, and is a great addition to certain cocktails. The ingredients for a Peach and Cardamom Sidecar may not be simple ones you keep on hand, but if wanting to impress the pickiest crowd at your next gathering, this would be worth the trip to pick up all the ingredients to make it a special cocktail centerpiece.
In order to make a Peach and Cardamom Sidecar, you will need these ingredients:
- Pinch of ground cardamom (or if you want the full experience, about 7 pods of green cardamom)
- 1 1/2 shots of canned peach juice
- 1 shot cointreau
- 1 1/2 shots of vodka (use a top shelf, full flavored vodka)
- 3/4 shot lemon juice, fresh works best, just be careful not to add any seeds
Directions for making a Peach and Cardamom Sidecar:
- Start by either tossing the cardamom in the bottom of the shaker, or if using fresh, break apart the outer skin of the pods, and crush the seeds into the bottom of the shaker, muddling it along
- Add the peach juice, cointreau, vodka and lemon juice, toss in cubed ice, and shake the Peach and Cardamom Sidecar well to incorporate the flavors together.
- Strain into a chilled glass, cocktail glass or short rock glass works well, the choice is up to you. if you want to make an impression, try a stemmed cocktail glass to serve up the Peach and Cardamom Sidecar, with a sugared rim for added flair.