If you're a fan of peach wine then you may be surprised to know that learning how to make peach wine at home is a very simple process. Peach wine is sweet and refreshing. It pairs up great with many meals and bottles of homemade peach wine makes a great gift. This article will take you step by step on making delicious, peach wine.
To make peach wine, you will need:
- 2 1/2 pounds of ripe peaches, washed and quartered
- 7 pints of hot water
- 2 pounds of fine sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon acid blend
- 1 teaspoon pectic enzyme powder
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast energizer
- 1/4 teaspoon tannin
- 1 Campden tablet
- 1 package wine yeast
- nylon straining bag
- first container
- secondary container with air lock
- wine bottles
- Add the peaches to the nylon straining bag and mash them in the first container. This will extract the juices from the peaches. You can also freeze the peaches for a few weeks before mashing. This will cause the peach juices to be released easily.
- Add in the the rest of the ingredients except for the water, sugar and yeast.
- Pour hot water into the mixture and mix until combined. The gravity should be 1.0.
- Stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- Cover and let stand for 24 hours.
- Add in the yeast and ferment for three to five days until a gravity of 1.04 is reached.
- Rack the peach wine into the secondary container and fit the airlock.
- Rack the wine again in three to four weeks.
- After three months rack the peach wine into sterilized wine bottles and let the wine age for at least a year.
- Store the wine on it's side in a cool, dry place.
- Drink and enjoy!
We've all been there: Set to open a new bottle of wine, perhaps in the company of a good woman, when suddenly you reali ...
Hey, you don’t have to be a 8th generation Frenchman to know what makes a good bottle of booze. Porn stars can do it, so ...
We’ve told you about whiskey barrel floors, but if the water of life isn’t your drink of choice, then perhaps a wooden f ...