If you're a fan of peach wine then you may be surprised to know that learning how to make peach wine at home is a very simple process. Peach wine is sweet and refreshing. It pairs up great with many meals and bottles of homemade peach wine makes a great gift. This article will take you step by step on making delicious, peach wine.
To make peach wine, you will need:
- 2 1/2 pounds of ripe peaches, washed and quartered
- 7 pints of hot water
- 2 pounds of fine sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon acid blend
- 1 teaspoon pectic enzyme powder
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast energizer
- 1/4 teaspoon tannin
- 1 Campden tablet
- 1 package wine yeast
- nylon straining bag
- first container
- secondary container with air lock
- wine bottles
- Add the peaches to the nylon straining bag and mash them in the first container. This will extract the juices from the peaches. You can also freeze the peaches for a few weeks before mashing. This will cause the peach juices to be released easily.
- Add in the the rest of the ingredients except for the water, sugar and yeast.
- Pour hot water into the mixture and mix until combined. The gravity should be 1.0.
- Stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- Cover and let stand for 24 hours.
- Add in the yeast and ferment for three to five days until a gravity of 1.04 is reached.
- Rack the peach wine into the secondary container and fit the airlock.
- Rack the wine again in three to four weeks.
- After three months rack the peach wine into sterilized wine bottles and let the wine age for at least a year.
- Store the wine on it's side in a cool, dry place.
- Drink and enjoy!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.