How To Make A Peak Cocktail
If you're in the mood for a sweet and rather complex flavored cocktail, consider learning how to make a Peak cocktail. The Peak cocktail is a delicious martini-style cocktail that is just right for either sipping poolside or in front of a warm fire. However you choose to make (or share) your Peak cocktail, it's sure to pique your interest and put you in a happy, fuzzy mood.
To make a Peak cocktail, you will need:
- A martini shaker
- A chilled martini glass
- 1 ounce of good quality gin
- 1 ounce of currant vodka (if you can't find currant flavor, stick with a berry vodka, such as blackberry)
- 1/2 ounce raspberry juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce blackberry brandy
- Fresh raspberries or lime wedges for garnish
- To make a Peak cocktail, first fill the martini shaker half full with ice. Add in the gin, vodka, raspberry and lime juice and blackberry brandy. Throw a couple of raspberries in there too, for flavor and look. The raspberries will mash into the drink, so reserve some for a garnish also.
- Place the top on the martini shaker and shake vigorously for at least three seconds. You'll know you've shaken it enough when there are small shards of ice floating on the top of the drink.
- Strain your Peak cocktail into a chilled martini glass. Add in three or four whole raspberries and add a wedge of lime.
If you don't like a super sweet drink, skip the blackberry brandy and add a little bit of club soda (seltzer) to lighten up the drink.