How To Make Peanut Butter
Want to learn how to make peanut butter? It's really quite easy, and only takes a few special ingredients. All you need is a little free time, and you can whip up a batch of delicious homemade peanut butter in the comfort of your own home. And, you know exactly what's going into it, unlike some of the store-bought peanut butters. Continue reading to find out how to make your own peanut butter.
To make peanut butter, you will need the following ingredients:
- Three teaspoons of virgin olive oil
- Four cups of peanuts (raw variety)
- One teaspoon salt (optional)
- Roast the peanuts in the oven. To do this, simply pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees, and spread un-shelled peanuts across a pan. The peanuts must be spread apart and not piled on one another to ensure they are roasted all the way. Bake the peanuts in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they look ready.
- Grind the peanuts. After the peanuts have been roasted, it is time to grind them up for the peanut butter mixture. Using a blender, add about half of the peanuts and half of the virgin olive oil. Grind this mixture for about three to five minutes. After that, add the rest of the peanuts, olive oil, and salt to the blender and blend until you reach the desired consistency. If you prefer chunkier peanut butter, you will want to grind the mixture less.
- Put peanut butter into container. To keep your peanut butter nice and fresh, you will want to store it in a container with a tight lid. An empty store-bought peanut butter container is perfect for this, but there are several types of containers you can use.
- Enjoy! After you have created your delicious peanut butter, it is time to enjoy the final product. Take pride in the fact that you made healthy peanut butter at home, and you know exactly what went into it. Now it's time to eat it!