Learn how to make pickled corn or pickled corn relish when you have baskets full of fresh corn on the cob. There is the simple salt, vinegar and water recipe all the way up to a flavorful pickled corn delicacy for gifts, buffets or special occasions.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. pickling salt
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seed
- 2 tbsp. sliced onion
- 6 ears of corn
In a large saucepan combine sugar, honey, vinegar, water, salt, mustard seed and onion. Bring to a boil and add corn cut into one-inch sections. Cover and simmer for five minutes or until corn is tender.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature before cutting whole kernels off of cob and storing corn and pickling syrup in sealed jars in the refrigerator.
Simple Pickled Corn
- 1 gallon cold water
- 3/4 cup coarse salt
- 1 cup vinegar
- Cook corn in boiling water for five minutes. Let cool and cut off cob. Pack sterilized jars with corn.
Cook salt, vinegar and water solution. Boil for five minutes, then pour over corn in jars with a half-inch head space.
- Use hot seals, water bath and canning table for time and temperature.
Pickled Spicy Corn Relish
- 20 medium size ears of corn
- 2 1/2 cups diced, sweet red pepper
- 2 1/2 cups diced, sweet green pepper
- 2 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/4 cups diced onion
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 5 cups vinegar (five percent)
- 2 1/2 tsp. pickling salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. turmeric
Boil ears of corn for five minutes in a large saucepan. Cool and cut kernels off cob.
- Combine all ingredients, except dry mustard and turmeric, in a saucepan. Boil, then simmer for five minutes. Mix mustard and turmeric in simmering mixture.
- Fill sterilized jars with corn, followed by the hot mixture, leaving half an inch head space. Adjust hot lids and seals. Process in boiling water bath using canning table for time and temperature.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.