Wondering how to make pickles? Pickles are a delicious and low-calorie snack, and making your own at home can be a fun and simple activity. There are very few ingredients needed to make pickles, and the task is easy even for beginners. Ready to get started? Continue reading to learn how to make your own delicious pickles!
To make pickles, you will need"
- Several pint jars with secure lids
- Twelve cups water
- Four cups white vinegar
- Approximately 35 cucumbers
- 2/3 cup canning salt
- Six to seven heads of fresh dill
- Three tablespoons of mixed spices (optional)
- Enamel pot
- Wash and cut cucumbers. Make sure cucumbers are completely washed and clean before using. Cut the cucumbers into spears and place them in a plastic container. Cover the cucumbers with water and refrigerate for two to four hours.
- Sterilize the jars and lids. Before using the jars, boil them in water to make sure they are sterilized and safe to use.
- Add dill weed and spices to jars. Once the jars are sterilized, add a small amount of dill weed and the desired spices to the bottom of the jars. Use more or less of the spices depending on personal taste and preference.
- Pack cucumbers into jars. After dill and spices are added, begin packing each jar with cucumbers. After the cucumbers are added, you may add more dill weed and spices to the top.
- Boil vinegar, salt, and water. Add the vinegar, canning salt, and water to a large enamel pot and bring to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, add the brine to the jars of cucumbers carefully. Be sure not to fill the jars with too much brine. After adding the mixture to the jars, gently shake the jars to ensure that there are no trapped air bubbles.
- Seal the jars. Before sealing, make sure the tops of the jars are wiped clean and are free of liquid. Be sure the jars are also sealed tightly to avoid any messes later on.
- Boil the sealed jars. Using the water used to sterilize the jars earlier, boil the sealed jars for approximately ten to twelve minutes. After boiling, take the jars out and leave them untouched for a day or two.
- Store the pickles. Pickles must be stored for a certain amount of time before they are ready to be consumed. Pickles may be stored for up to two years, but they can be eaten as soon as eight to ten weeks after storage.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?