Wondering how you make a picnic table? Look no further. Building a picnic table is not that hard, but does require a mass of patience on your part as the engineer. It's going to take some time and possibly a few scratches to get to the finished product.
Things You'll Need:
- Tape Measure
- Hand Saw
- Tools. Make sure you have all the necessary tools handy for the job. Collect all of the tools you will need and have them by your side if your doing this by yourself (it would be a great help to have somebody do it with you as it takes the stress off lightly). The tools you will need include a set of drill bits, tape measure, pencil, hammer, drill and a hand saw.
- Materials. The amount of items you need varies depending on how big you want to make the picnic table. Building a standard picnic table requires you to have things such as boards, carriage bolts, nuts, washer and exterior paint.
- Cross Brace and Table. Cut and then measure the cross brace, then, measure and cut the pieces for the top of the table and the seats. All nine pieces should be identical to avoid any confusion.
- Legs and Seat Support. Cut and measure the seats and the table top support. Make sure they are both identical in length.
- Assembly. Lay out two of the horizontal pieces flat on the floor. Lay the two legs on top of them and then align them so that the legs are the shorter piece and the top of the edge is the longer piece. Using deck screws to attack them together and then drill the holes so that the 3 1/2 inch carriage bolt will load. Then, attach the cross supports at the center and then using an inch screw, attack the top of the table and the bench with the same 2 1/2 inch deck screws.
- Finish. Once you are done, make sure that all of the edges are with a nice finish. Sand down all the edges and put on a stain.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.