Whether you are preparing for a birthday party, or a Cinco de Mayo party, knowledge of how to make a piñata will come in handy. Piñatas are a Mexican craft that can be found at countless celebrations. They are bright and colorful vessels filled with candy and decorated with crepe paper. They are hung from a string and participants take turns being blindfolded and attempting to hit the piñata with a stick. If someone hits it hard enough to bust a hole in the piñata, candy comes rushing out and everyone hurries to gather it. Making a piñata can be a fun or educational craft, and the results are always stunning. If you have ever wondered how to make a piñata, read on to learn just how easy it is!
To make a piñata, you will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 inflated baloon
- Newspaper, cut into strips
- Glue stick
- Colored crepe paper
How to make a piñata: Mix the flour and water together in a mixing bowl. Keep stirring until the mixture is smooth with no lumps of flour.
- Dip the strips of newspaper into the flour mixture. Run your fingers down the strip to remove excess liquid. Then, begin to layer the newspaper strips flat against the surface of the inflated balloon.
- Cover the balloon completely with newspaper strips. However, make sure you leave a small hole at the top. This is where the candy will go. Once the balloon is completely covered, except for this hole, allow it to dry.
- After the newspaper has dried, repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Pop the balloon. Make sure you remove all of the balloon bits from inside the piñata through the hole that was left in the top.
- Cut the crepe paper into squares. Using your glue stick, attach the crepe paper to the piñata until it is bright and colorful.
- Fill the piñata with candy through the hole at the top. Once it is filled, glue a square of crepe paper over the hole so that it is not visible.
- Make two small holes on the top of the piñata. Thread your rope through these holes. This is how you will control the piñata.
Tips and Hints:
- Include things besides candy in the piñata like small toys or even squares of crepe paper to act as confetti.
- Instead of using crepe paper, you can also paint the piñata.
- Make sure the person holding the rope to move the piñata up and down is a safe distance away from the person with the stick.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!