How To Make Pizza From Scratch
How to make pizza at home from scratch depends on a few things. The basics for making pizza at home are the type of crust you want to use. Making pizza at home allows you to experiment with the crust and add a few extras. For this article, we will concentrate on basic yeast based pizza crust and share a few suggestions along the way.
Homemade pizza crust. Bread Style (yeast based) Crust:
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- Add wet ingredients to a bowl. Fold in by thirds the dry ingredients. Use your hands to mix the ingredients. Add 1/3 more each time ingredients are mixed.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on floured surface. Knead some more and then allow to rise for one hour.
- Knead dough for about five minutes after risen. Let rest for twenty minutes. Roll dough out to about twelve to fifteen inches.
- Prepare cooking sheet with corn meal and grease. Place homemade pizza dough on pan and set aside.
Note: You can add garlic to the dough or spinach flakes to enhance the flavor to your liking. Be creative here and have fun making your pizza at home from scratch.
Homemade pizza sauce. Made at home from scratch:
- 1 can (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until nicely mixed. Pour out of bowl and spread evenly over the pizza crust.
Note: Making pizza at home from scratch will allow you to play with the sauce. You can substitute spices, even use brown sugar. The choice is yours for this homemade pizza masterpiece.
Homemade pizza toppings. Added at home:
Ingredients. The choices are wide open here. You can use meats or vegetables and any shredded cheese you prefer.
- Breakfast Bacon
- Ground Beef
- Canadian Bacon
- Italian Sausage
- Green Pepper
- Banana Pepper
- Red Onion
Really, the choices are endless and yours to make based on what and how much when making a pizza from scratch. Pizza bakes at 350 degrees for twenty to thirty minutes.