How To Make Playdough
Learning how to make playdough can be a great skill for the hands on artist. This skill can come in handy because it is easy and cheap to make. Continue reading to pick up the how to make playdough creative process.
To make playdough, you will need:
- 3 cups of Flour
- 3 cups of Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable oil
- Package of unsweetened drink mix (color your choice)
- 1 ½ cups of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cream of tartar
- Mixing spoon
- Wax paper
- Container with lid
- Combine everything. Add all items in to a large pan that is on a low heat setting as you begin the how to make playdough task. Stir the concoction constantly until the spoon is hard to maneuver.
- Avoid the heat. Remove the pan from heat and allow the mixture to cool before proceeding to the next step. Wait until the mixture has cooled enough to touch as you continue the how to make playdough activity.
- Manipulate the clay. Tear off a 12 inch section of wax paper to use for the kneading part of how to make playdough. Remove the dough from the pan and place on wax paper before massaging and moving the substance.
- Store away. Place clay mixture in a container with a tight lid as the last step of how to make playdough. The compound will keep while stored in air free vessel.
You have completed making your own playdough using a drink mix to make it colorful. This modeling compound can be used to make various items just like store-bought playdough. Enjoy making your own imaginative art!