Poker is a popular game played regularly by many people and it is important to learn how to make poker snacks so your next poker game keeps everyone full and ready to play. Poker snacks should be basic foods that are not messy or greasy, as you want nothing to damage the cards.
Biscuit wrapped cocktail wieners. Cocktail wieners wrapped in biscuits, also called pigs in a blanket, are an excellent poker snack to make because they are not messy yet they are easy to eat in between hands of poker, and are a filling snack.
To make biscuit wrapped cocktail wieners, you will need:
- Cocktail wieners
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- Spread out crescent rolls onto a pan and cut each crescent roll into thirds.
- Roll up one cocktail wiener in each third of a crescent roll and place on a pan.
- Bake as directed on the crescent roll package.
Cheese and Crackers. Cheese and crackers may be an even more popular poker snack among hosts than among those eating them, as they are so easy to prepare.
To make cheese and crackers, you will need:
- Blocks of different types of cheese
- Assorted crackers
- Slice cheese into sizes that will fit onto the crackers.
- Arrange both the cheese and the crackers onto a large plate and serve with small plates or paper towels.
Chips and Dips. Like cheese and crackers, chips and dips are an easy poker snack to make that many will enjoy snacking on while they play.
To make chips and dips, you will need:
- A variety of potato and tortilla chips
- A variety of store – bought dips
- Place the dips into several bowls and place the chips into large bowls or on a serving platter.
- Choose a variety of dips for several tastes such as salsa, cheese dips, refried beans. Use bowls for the dips that can be covered and placed in a fridge if you are having an extra long poker night.
Veggie Tray. For a healthier poker snack option, sit out a vegetable tray that will work for any vegetarians or just those trying not to pig out on the usual snacks.
To make a veggie tray, you will need:
- Raw vegetables
- Ranch dressing
- Cut up a bunch of raw vegetables such as carrots, celery, peppers, and radishes and place on a large serving tray.
- Put ranch dressing in a bowl in the middle of the serving dish for everyone to dip out of.
Hot dogs. For a more filling snack, especially during long poker tournaments, hot dogs are a great poker snack option.
To make hot dogs, you will need:
- Hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Slow cooker
- Throw the hot dogs in the slow cooker on high for about an hour then keep it on warm for the evening. You do not need to add water or anything else to the slow cooker.
- Keep hot dog buns and condiments next to the slow cooker so everyone can make their own hot dog.