How To Make Pomegranate Margarita
If you want to put a twist on a classic, learn how to make pomegranate margaritas. There few drinks as pretty as a frozen pomegranate margarita served in a sugar rimmed margarita glass. Although these delicious drinks can be served on the rocks, your guests will be way impressed if you bring out the mixer and mix up a batch of ruby red pomegranate margaritas.
To make a pomegranate margarita, you will need:
- A frozen margarita glass
- A good quality tequila - the better the quality, the better the pomegranate margarita and the lesser the headache the day after
- Cointreau (orange flavored liquor)
- Bottled pomegranate juice
- Pomegranate seeds and mint for garnish
- Juice of one lime
- Add two ounces of tequila, three ounces of pomegranate juice, one ounce of cointreau, and a splash of lime juice to the blender. Blend briefly to mix.
- While the blender is running on medium speed, add ice through the hole in the top of the blender and blend until the pomegranate margarita mixture is smooth. You can add more or less ice depending on your preference for thickness of the cocktail.
- Prepare to rim the margarita glasses by adding a bit of lime juice to a shallow saucer. Add sugar to another shallow saucer.
- Dip the rim of the margarita glass in the lime and roll in the sugar. You should end up with an evenly coated sugar glass rim.
- Pour the frozen pomegranate margarita mixture into the glass. Add a sprig of mint and a few pomegranate seeds to the top of the cocktail to make a beautiful presentation.
- Pomegranate margaritas are very refreshing and easy to drink so you may find yourself over imbibing. Also, drinking your margarita too fast is sure to give you an ice cream headache but, after you have a few of these wonderful cocktails, you probably won't care.