Learning how to make Popsicle stick sailboats is a great way to pass the time and a fun activity to share with kids. Building Popsicle stick sailboats gives you an opportunity to work with your hands in a constructive way. It is also a great way to bond with children, working together to create a popsicle stick sailboat will not only bring you closer but also help them to learn necessary skills of working together and seeing a project all the way through. You don’t even have to go out and buy the sticks unless you want to, after having a Popsicle you can rinse the sticks off and save them until you have enough to build the boats. The fun doesn’t end after building them; you can paint or decorate your sailboat when you are finished. Building Popsicle stick sailboats is a great activity for all ages.
To make a Popsicle stick sailboat you will need:
- Popsicle sticks
- Waterproof glue or wood glue
- An unsharpened pencil
- A triangle shaped piece of paper
- Paint (optional)
- Glue four Popsicle sticks flat on top of each other. Sit these aside to dry and then do the same with four more Popsicle sticks. You will have to separate sets of glued together sticks. We will call these sticks the base.
- Once the glue has dried set the sticks parallel to each other. Take a new stick and lay it on top of the base sticks going the opposite way. Adjust the distance between the two base sticks so that the tips of the new stick lay flat and secure on the base sticks. Once it is properly aligned, glue it in place.
- Lay another stick next to that one and continue to do so until the two base sticks are covered. Glue everything in place.
- Glue the paper to the pencil and then glue the pencil to the boat.
- Let the entire structure dry for two hours.
- If you would like to, you can now paint the boat.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.