When learning how to make pork ribs and cabbage there are some key practices everyone should know. First, a good dry rub on the ribs is the best way to bring out and to compliment the flavor of the meat. Then have a good barbecue sauce for basting. Next, slow cooking and turning the meat relatively often will keep the meat from burning and keep it tender and juicy. Grill temperature is important. It should be about 225° and cooking time will be 2 to 2 1/2 hours. And lastly, sauteing the cabbage instead of steaming will make the perfect side dish to this tasty entree.
If you ask any barbecue restaurant owner, whether in Memphis, Kansas City or Fort Worth, they will tell you the secret to knowing how to make pork ribs and cabbage starts with the dry rub. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Two Cups Dark Brown Sugar
- Two Tablespoons Chili Powder
- Two Tablespoons Dry Mustard
- One Tablespoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- One Tablespoon Hickory Smoke Salt
- One Tablespoon Rubbed Sage
- One Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- One Teaspoon Cayenne
- Combine all the ingredients by mixing with a fork.
- Choose a meaty five to ten pound slab of ribs from the grocery store.
- Remove the silver membrane from the bony side of the ribs.
- Massage the dry rub into the meat generously. Make sure entire outer surface is covered with the rub.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
There are all kinds of great recipes for making a great barbecue sauce. You will find that the sauce you use can either make or break you when you are learning how to make pork ribs and cabbage. This recipe comes from my own kitchen and here's what you will need:
- One Cup Sorghum
- One Cup Coca Cola
- One Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Chinese Hot Mustard
- Three Tablespoons Worcestershire
- Two Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- One Teaspoon Cloves
- One Teaspoon Cumin
- Combine all the ingredients together into a sauce pan.
- Mix thoroughly making sure everything is incorporated.
- Place pan over a low burner and stir until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and set aside for ten to fifteen minutes.
These last steps of learning how to make pork ribs and cabbage are very important. Having the patience to complete them will result in the best flavor of the whole meal and the best texture for the meat.
- Remove your ribs from the refrigerator, remove the plastic and set aside for about 30 minutes until meat is at room temperature. Placing cold meat onto a hot grill will cause the meat to seize and to become tough.
- Once you have your grill temperature at about 225°, make sure your grate is about three to four inches from the coals.
- Coat the slab with sauce and place onto the grill with the meat side down.
- Turn the ribs every twenty minutes and baste with your barbecue sauce.
- On the last turn it's time to start the cabbage.
- Once you have removed the core of the cabbage, cut into quarters and then into slices.
- Add three Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a hot skillet.
- Add two teaspoons of minced garlic to the oil and fry for about one minute.
- Add cabbage to the skillet.
- Salt and pepper and stir with a spatula often to prevent burning.
- When cabbage is soft, the ribs should be ready to remove from the grill.
- Serve and enjoy.
Once you learn how to make pork ribs and cabbage using these tips, you may find all of your friends and family asking you for the recipes. Feel free to share this article on "How to make pork ribs and cabbage", or keep it your secret, whatever you wish.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.