There are many schools of thought on how best to prepare a pork chop; some prefer the grill, while others think that baking in the oven is the way to go, but the fastest and simplest way is to learn how to make pork chops on the stove. This recipe is great, because you can easily substitute the marinade for barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, balsamic vinegar or any other seasoning you prefer. The cooking method will be universal regardless of the flavors the meat is prepared in, and the end result will always be a tender and flavorful plate of chops.
What you will need to make pork chops on the stove:
- 4 thick cut pork chops (Either bone in or boneless is fine)
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- To begin making your pork chops combine honey, soy sauce, and garlic in a large bowl, and stir until well blended.
- Add pork chops to the mixture and fully saturate. Place pork chops in a resalable plastic bag and place in the fridge for 2 or 3 hours to allow the marinade to set.
Heat non stick pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the pork chops and the sliced onions to the pan.
- Brown the chops for about 4 minutes on each side, until the meat is pink throughout. Reduce heat to low.
- Use a thermometer to check the doneness of the meat. We recommend cooking the chops at a doneness of medium, which is an internal temperature of about 160 degrees. This will be the ample temperature for tender pork. Some people are still put off by pinkish pork, so medium well to well is also fine; just realize this will make the meat tougher. For a well done chop cook to an internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- Transfer Pork chops to a serving dish, and top with sliced onions, and a spoonful of hot cooking liquid from the pan.
- Serve with baked potatoes and your favorite vegetable. Apple sauce is also a perfect side dish for any pork based meal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.