How To Make Pot Roast In Slow Cooker
If you want all the fixings of home cooking with half of the effort, you need to learn how to make pot roast in slow cooker. Knowing how to make pot roast in slow cooker is one of the best ways to cook for the entire family if you don't have the time or the energy to prepare a ton of ingredients. This is one of those great recipes where you can start in the morning, head to work, and come back home to a hot dinner. If you're looking for a flavorful meal that won't break the bank, be sure to learn how to make pot roast in slow cooker.
To make pot roast in slow cooker, you're going to need:
- 3 pounds of chuck roast
- 1/2 can of beef broth
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 loves of garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Prepare the chuck roast. Wash it, then season it liberally with salt, pepper, and the garlic powder. Coat the roast with flour.
- Brown the roast. In a skillet with olive oil, lightly brown the roast on both sides. While this is happening, put the onions in the skillet and let them soak up the roast's flavors.
- Put everything in the slow cooker. Make sure you've greased the slow cooker before putting in the roast and onions. After they're in the pot, pour in the beef broth, whole garlic cloves, and bay leaf. Add additional salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cook the mixture. Cover and set the slow cooker to the Low setting. Let this mixture cook for eight to ten hours. Once done, you can use the excess broth mixture as a light sauce for the pot roast.
If you need a filling, comfortable meal that you can make without the slightest worry, be sure to try learning how to make pot roast in slow cooker. Out of the multitude of uses for this wondrous device, making pot roast in slow cooker is easily one of the best ways to have a great meal that will last you for a few days. If you love something traditional, but don't have the time to learn the recipe from your grandparents, be sure to learn how to make pot roast in slow cooker.