How To Make Potato Chips
Everyone loves potato chips, so you should know how to make them. This recipe can help you when throwing a party or just showing off your skills in the kitchen. With this recipe, you will yield several servings of potato chips.
When making potato chips, you will need the following items:
- 2 pounds of Potatoes
- 16 ounces of Vegetable Oil
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Potato Chips:
- Scrub the potatoes clean.
- Peel the potatoes. Peel each potato completely. Do not leave any skin on the potatoes. You can rinse the potatoes as you peel them.
- Slice the potatoes. You can determine how thick or thin you want to slice your potatoes. It depends on you. Rinse the potatoes again while slicing them.
- Soak potatoes in water for 30 minutes. Now that you have sliced your potatoes, you will want to put them into a bowl of water. This allows them to get softer and easier to fry.
- Drain water and allow potatoes to dry. Set them on a clean towel and allow them to dry.
- Take large pot and add vegetable oil.
- Heat to 350 degrees, add potatoes. You will want to let the oil in your large pot reach 350 degrees. After it has reached the desired heat, you will start adding your potatoes. You can add all of them or half. That depends on how you are cooking them and the pot you are using.
- Fry potatoes on both sides until brown. You will want to let each side of the potato cook until it is golden brown. If you prefer a darker potato chip, that is perfectly fine. Just make sure that the potato is not still hard.
- Take out your potatoes and let them cool down.
- Add salt to taste. You can now add your salt to the mixture. Add as much or little salt as you desire.
- Serve and enjoy! After completely this recipe, you can sit back and enjoy your home made potato chips.