Vodka is a popular type of alcohol that can be made from a variety of products, including molasses, wheat, rye, and even potatoes, hence the curiosity about learning how to make potato vodka.
- The first step in making potato vodka is choosing the correct amount of potatoes. It takes approximately 2.2 pounds (or one kilogram) of potatoes to make one liter of vodka, so you can use this conversion factor to determine how many pounds of potatoes you need to make the desired amount of vodka.
- Next, clean and prepare the potatoes. Use a sharp kitchen knife to remove the skin from the potatoes, and carefully chop them into uniform, small cubes. This will ensure even cooking.
- Place your chopped potato pieces into a large pressure cooker, and pour in enough water to reach one inch over the level of the potatoes.
- Slowly and carefully, increase the temperature on the pressure cooker, and allow the cubed potatoes to completely dissolve in the water.
- Let the potatoes cool to room temperature and strain to remove the "potato juice." This will be the beginnings of your potato vodka.
- Purchase an alcohol distillery. While this may be found in some specialty cooking stores, you more than likely will have to purchase it online.
- Set up the distillery according to the directions. The distillery will remove any imperfections within the potato juice, and will turn it into vodka.
- Once the process is complete, bottle the vodka, and enjoy! Just don't tell your friends where you got the alcohol from or you'll be making vodka for the entire neighborhood.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.