So you want to know how to make PS3 controller converters? Good news and bad news: If you want to convert a PS3 controller to work on a PC, you're in luck—you probably even have all of the necessary parts on hand! If you want to convert the controller for use on a PS2 or an XBOX 360, you're out of luck. Nobody has yet figured out how to do that.
So, to make a PS3 Controller convert for use on a PC, you will need:
- PS3 Controller
- USB Charging Cable (comes with the PS3)
- Bluetooth receiver (optional; required for wireless use)
Ready to learn how to make a PS3 Controller Converter? It's all software based, so here we go!
- Assemble. Gather the required components. You don't need to worry about Bluetooth for now. Don't plug the controller into the PC quite yet—you can make it much harder to setup the drivers if you make the connection before the computer is ready.
- Download. The PS3 controller doesn't use standard drivers, so you'll need to download the appropriate files. MotioninJoy has PS3 controller drivers for various operating systems, including the 64-bit versions. Go to the link and download the most recent driver for your operating system.
- Install. This can be the tricky step, but for most users it's as easy as running the driver installation program, then connecting your PS3 controller to your computer using the USB cable. If this doesn't work (for example, if you have a 64-bit operating system), carefully review and follow the instructions that MotioninJoy provides.
- Wireless. Using Bluetooth for wireless isn't really recommended, but it is possible. If you use your Bluetooth receiver for the PS3 controller, it can only be used for the PS3 controller. No more Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or headset. If you decide that you really want the wireless, however, go ahead and follow the Bluetooth install instructions on MotioninJoy's driver.
- Revel. Bask in your technological superiority as you realize you have created a PS3 controller converter for your PC. It's great for modern gaming, emulation, or just wowing your friends. Congratulations!