Learn about how to make a PS3 mod controller in this article. It is possible to modify your PS3 controller with colored LEDs. This can give your PS3 controller a personal and unique touch. Modifying your control requires a bit of soldering knowledge and a few simple tools. You can mod your PS3 controller using the following steps.
To make a PS3 mod controller, you will need:
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver
- Colored LED
- Soldering iron
- Insulated copper wire
- Disassemble the controller. Remove the five screws that secure the PS3 controller case on the back of the unit.
Pry the back cover off the controller. Wedge a small thin flathead screwdriver between the plastic seams and work your way around until the back panel separates from the front. Leave the front face-down so the buttons stay inside the cover.
- Remove the screw that secures the PCB circuit board inside the controller. Extract the PCB by disconnecting the four-pin plug from the buttons.
- Bend the legs of the LED outward approximately halfway down. This will allow you to fit it into the controller.
Cut two pieces of copper wire to a length of approximately three inches. Strip 1/4 inch off the ends of each wire.
- Locate the number "5" hole on the PCB circuit board. Insert one end of the one of the wires into the hole and solder it in place.
- Locate the red wire on the circuit board. Solder the other wire to the same circuit that the red wire connects to.
- Place the rubber button connectors over the circuit board. Note that you can leave the buttons in the front of the cover so that you don't get them mixed up. Use the rubber button connectors to turn on your PS3 controller.
- Connect the LED to the two wires that you soldered on to the control until it lights up. Note that if you connect the legs to the wires and it doesn't light up, turn it around and connect the legs to the opposite wires.
- Solder the LED to the two wires. Cut a small hole in the plastic button cover so that the LED can protrude through it.
Reassemble the controller. The LED should comfortably fit in the gap between the plastic piece and the front of the controller. Keep an eye on the LED to ensure that it stays on (if you leave the controller on) while you are rebuilding the controller.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.