How To Make A PVC Soccer Goal
Learning how to make a PVC soccer goal is not too hard. All that you need is some pipe, some netting, and some tools to help you shape and cut the pipe, and attach it to make the frame of the soccer goal. Following is some easy advice on how to make a PVC soccer goal.
How to Make a PVC Soccer Goal: Supplies
- Long pieces of PVC pipe
- Soccer netting
- Hack saw or powered saw
- Duct tape
- First, buy all of the supplies that you need. Any home improvement store will have the items, and the soccer netting may be bought or ordered. Though your goal will likely not be full size, you can by a full size net and cut what you need from it.
- Next, assemble the frame of the goal. Cut two pieces of PVC pipe with the hack saw or powered saw to the width of the goal (the longest side, from left to right). One of these will be the top crossbar, and the other will be in back of the goal, on the ground.
- Cut two pieces of PVC pipe to the length of the height of the goal. these will go from the crossbar to the ground support.
- Cut two pieces of pipe to the length of the goal. These pieces will be the ground parts of the triangle as you look at the goal from the side.
- Cut two pieces of pipe that will run from the top crossbar to the other long, width piece which will be on the ground at the back of the goal. Looking at the side of the goal, these will be the hypotenuse sides, as your goal will have two horizontal ground supports, and two height segments, and these pieces will run between the two, at diagonal angles.
- Assemble the frame. Build three quarters of a rectangle by taping the crossbar to the two height pipe segments. Then, attach the two ground supports (from step 4) extending back from the vertical segments. Attach the back, ground crossbar to this, and then, attach the pieces cut in step 5 to make a triangle as you look at the side of the goal.
- Cut the netting that will run from the top crossbar to the bottom bar at the back. This will also be attached to the two hypotenuse sides. Attach the netting to the pipe using wire, cut and twisted with pliers.
- Cut two small netting patches, and attach each of them to each side of the goal (the interior of the triangles as you look at the goal from either side), using twisted wire. Your PVC pipe goal is now done, and ready for use.
Learning how to make a PVC soccer goal sounds harder than it is. All that you need to do is build a pipe frame by cutting segments and duct taping them at their joints, and then attach the netting to make a useful, homemade soccer goal.