Learning how to make a radio antenna is actually pretty easy and inexpensive. All you really need is a little bit of know-how and the will to complete the project and you will be listening to the radio in no time.
- 300-Ohm flat cable
- Wire cutters
- Wire strippers
- Woldering iron
- Resin core solder
- Electrical tape
- Three 1 x 4 x 24-inch wooden boards
- 150-feet of stranded single speaker wire
- Staple gun
Instructions for a.m. antenna:
- Cut one of the boards in half and cross them together to make an X. Take some cotton string and run it over and across until the X is secured together.
- Attach the speaker wires to end of one side of the X with a staple. Begin wrapping the wire around the frame. Once this is done, cut off the existing wire that is on the a.m. antenna and attach the wire to it. This will replace your a.m. antenna.
- When you cut the ends on the antenna off your radio, solder the two new ends together to ensure that the connection was kept in place.
Instructions of f.m. antenna:
- Strip the ends of an eighteen-foot section of cable. Join them together by twisting the two stripped sections into one.
- Use the soldering iron to connect them. Take some electrical tape and wrap them to insulate the cable from being damaged.
- Wire and cut the middle of the ribbon cable. Strip back the plastic that's covering the cable and make sure that there is bare wire showing.
- Strip off all four ends of the remaining wire. This step prepares you to make the lead wire for the antenna.
- Take the two lead wires and twist them onto the two sections that were made for the the loop earlier.
- Run the wire. Take the antenna and use staples or nails to guide it along your wall to mount the antenna properly.
- Take the lead wire and run it to your stereo. This should complete the process.
With this mission accomplished, you're now ready to enjoy a better radio signal. If all else fails and you still can't build an antenna, just bite the bullet and recruit a friend. Sometimes the extra help is all you really need.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.