Would you like to learn how to make ranch dressing at home? It seems like every refrigerator across America has, within it, a bottle of ranch dressing. This quintessentially American dressing can be found on grocery store shelves in a variety of flavors, but it is so simple to make at home that it is a shame it isn’t done more often. Preparing ranch dressing at home also allows you to avoid all the added chemicals and preservatives that are found in many prepared ranch dressings. The following recipe is simple to make and takes no time at all to prepare.
What you’ll need to make Ranch Dressing:
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, cleaned and trimmed and cut into large sections
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- black pepper
- blender or food processor
How to prepare Ranch Dressing:
- Add the Ingredients Set your blender or food processor on a work surface then add all the ingredients except for the black pepper. Using a blender set on "Coarse Grind" or a food processor on "Pulse", combine the ingredients until everything is chopped fine and well combined.
- Season and Adjust Thickness Check the dressing to see if there’s enough salt to taste. Adjust if necessary. Add several grinds of fresh black pepper and combine. If the dressing is too thick, add a few more tablespoons of buttermilk until it is the desired consistency.
- Enjoy and Store Remove the dressing from the blender or processor and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
25 Enlightening Quotes About Being a Gentleman
What’s your definition of a perfect gent? LL Cool J, Lea Michele, Andy Samberg and friends weigh in.