Would you like to learn how to make ranch dressing at home? It seems like every refrigerator across America has, within it, a bottle of ranch dressing. This quintessentially American dressing can be found on grocery store shelves in a variety of flavors, but it is so simple to make at home that it is a shame it isn’t done more often. Preparing ranch dressing at home also allows you to avoid all the added chemicals and preservatives that are found in many prepared ranch dressings. The following recipe is simple to make and takes no time at all to prepare.
What you’ll need to make Ranch Dressing:
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, cleaned and trimmed and cut into large sections
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- black pepper
- blender or food processor
How to prepare Ranch Dressing:
- Add the Ingredients Set your blender or food processor on a work surface then add all the ingredients except for the black pepper. Using a blender set on "Coarse Grind" or a food processor on "Pulse", combine the ingredients until everything is chopped fine and well combined.
- Season and Adjust Thickness Check the dressing to see if there’s enough salt to taste. Adjust if necessary. Add several grinds of fresh black pepper and combine. If the dressing is too thick, add a few more tablespoons of buttermilk until it is the desired consistency.
- Enjoy and Store Remove the dressing from the blender or processor and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Here is a quick lesson in the five condiments every man needs. There is more to a condiment than a package that leaks li ...
These days, there's no excuse for using artificially colored, mass-produced condiments. Drunkenly eating fast food is on ...
You are serious about your grilling. You take pride in your grill, you take care in choosing the type of charcoal you us ...