How To Make A Rapid Fire Controller For Xbox 360
A question that is usually asked about a Xbox is how to make Xbox 360 rapid fire controller. Here, we will try to find out and write some easy steps about its making. When a certain button combination needs to be pressed during the functionality of a Xbox 360, a Rapid fire action is required and in order to fulfill this purpose. One’s controller can be modified in a much easier manner by following some basic steps which have been defined below in the discussion. A rapid fire controller works for all of the hottest games like Rainbow Six, Call of Duty 4, Halo 2 and Halo 3 and Unreal Tournament 3. In these games, a rapid fire controller helps to make automatic weapon more accurate and much faster than your opponents.
What you need:
- Momentary switch
- Xbox 360 controller
- Phillips head screwdrivers (small sized)
- Protective goggles
- Work gloves
- Soldering iron
- Removal of the battery back. The first step is to remove the casing of Xbox 360 controller with the help of screwdriver. There are usually seven screws at the back of the Xbox. It has been observed that one of the screws out of the seven screws is under the bar code sticker. This sticker needs to be removed in order to remove the screw this can be done with the help of a knife.
- Buttons should be in the correct slot. While taking off the controller’s back, it needs to be made sure that its front side should be facing downward. This is essential as only then the buttons would stay in their correct place. Then the circuit board is to be removed from the back of the controller and kept at a safe place (away from the reach of children).
- Pin trigger needs to be located on the front of the board. The middle pin trigger is positioned below the pin which is for the “A” button. The red wire next needs to be connected to the middle pin trigger (this might be done by a solder).
- LED ground needs to be located. LED ground is positioned on the circuit board near the green button for the Xbox controller. Again solder the wire (this time black one) from momentary switch on the LED ground.
- Controller needs to be put back. By following the same method for taking off the cover, the controller is put back together in the reverse direction. While putting the controller back, it should be kept in mind that the switch should be coming out from the bottom of the controller. The controller then needs to be tested and switched on later.
- A Games needs to be inserted in Xbox 360. After completion of the whole procedure, a game needs to be put in the Xbox and rapid fire is switched on by pressing the bulging momentary switch. Just within a short time, the trigger will be activated many times simultaneously.
Tips/Warnings: To make a Xbox 360 Rapid Fire Controller is not an easy job, so care must be taken especially during use of solder. Gloves are a necessity. As these are made of rubber, so there is less danger of having a cut or wound due to cutting process. While using a solder, protective gloves need to be wore to protect against the flame which otherwise might reach your eyes. Philips screwdrivers of the right size should be used so that the screw heads do not get damaged (if proper size is not used). Solder both the red and black wires at their right places. Some people get confused and invert these connections.