Want to learn how to make recycled paper? Making recycled paper is a great way to use paper scraps and create a unique product. While paper making can be time consuming, recycled paper makes great homemade greeting cards or notepaper. It can also add a natural, customized touch to scrapbooks. Making recycled paper also makes a great educational project for children.
To make recycled paper, you will need:
- Scrap paper
- A blender
- A plastic tub
- A wire hanger
- White glue
- An iron
Make a paper making screen. You can buy a professional paper-making screen at many craft shops, but you can also make a basic one at home. Bend a wire hanger into a square shape and stretch a pair of pantyhose over the wire square. You will need one of these for each piece of recycled paper you want to make at a time.
- Collect scrap paper. Old envelopes, mail, and notepaper are all perfect to use to make recycled paper. Sort through the paper scraps and cut off any glue or ink areas and tear the paper up into small pieces
- Soak the paper. Soak your scrap paper pile in water for at least ten minutes. This will soften them up and ensure that you don't damage your blender.
- Puree the paper. Place one cup of soaked paper in the blender and add two cups of water. Blend the mixture on low until it is smooth.
- Prepare a glue bath. Fill a plastic tub with four inches of water and add two tablespoons of white craft glue. Be sure that the tub is larger than your paper making screen. Pour the paper puree from the blender into your glue bath.
- Strain your paper. Place your paper making screen on the bottom of the plastic tub and very slowly pull it up through the mixture. You should collect a thin layer of paper on top of the screen. Repeat this step for each piece of recycled paper.
- Complete your paper. Place the screen in a sunny, warm location to allow your recycled paper to dry. After it has dried, gently peel the paper off the screen. You can smooth out your paper by using an iron on its lowest setting. This will remove any wrinkles and make the paper look more professional.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.