How To Make A Relationship Last
Do you wonder how to make a relationship last? Relationships are like buildings-they take time, precision and nurturing to grow. The best relationships are built upon strong foundations that withstand the most powerful storms.
- Pay attention. Women know how to make a relationship last-they cater to their men. From funny cards to surprise dinners to the impromptu phone call asking how your day is, follow your girl's lead. Pay attention to her needs and she'll be there over the long haul.
- Make time. If you make time for each other, you're definitely an expert at making a relationship last. Successful couples know that part of staying together is sticking like glue-you're never too far away. While you don't want to crowd or squeeze your sweet thing, you do want to have regular dates and special time for each other (whether you live together or not).
- Honesty is the best policy. Making a relationship last means being honest. Your mother taught you to tell the truth, right? Good relationships involve the truth, even if it hurts. Tell her how you feel and encourage her to do the same.
- Connect. Smart men know that if you want to make a relationship last, you will take time to connect with your partner. What brought you together are the woven threads of your relationship. The more you have in common, the easier it is to get along because you like the same things. Participate in activities that bring you joy, deepen your relationship and touch your spiritual side.
- Reminisce. A big secret of how to make a relationship last is to reminisce. Remembering what made you feel good in the past sets a positive tone for the future. Hold tightly to the fond memories because they help you build upon what went right, as well as being strong touchstones when things don't feel so good.
Posted on: Sep. 18, 2010