Building a remote control helicopter is a fun-filled hobby, so let’s get started right away on how to make a remote control helicopter. No doubt it is an intimidating task, but with the correct set of tools and the right instructions, you can proceed towards it with confidence and become a proud owner of the end product achieved by you. So, once you have the set of instructions ready, the next thing to do is collect the whole range of tools needed to build your remote control helicopter. Also, one needs to decide on which model of helicopter to build. Once you get down to flying the model built, the skill level required for any and every model is the same. It is best to chose to build the model which appeals the most to you as per your personal tastes and requirements.
To make a remote control helicopter, you will need:
- Nut drivers
- Ball drivers
- Screw driver
- Set of wrenches
- All kind of nuts and bolts
- Glow plugs
- Pitch gauge
The step by step process in making a remote control helicopter is as follows:
- Purchase a ready to make remote control helicopter kit from the super market and check its contents. Also, make sure to read and understand all instructions in the manual which comes along before you begin to make the assembly.
- Attach the landing mechanism and then move on to installing the radio device.
- Join the radio device to the servos and make an adjustment to the servo connection as per the given instructions. A servo may not come in the ready to make kit and may have to be bought separately.
- Install the gyro and fasten the wires to the frame. Mount the switch to the radio device away from the engine exhaust port.
- Tighten all nuts and bolts and ensure all these fasteners are secure.
- Mount and balance the rotor blades on the rotor heads. Make sure these are 180 degrees apart. If required, may use a balancing tape to balance.
- Clean the model’s surface and then paint it. Apply a couple of coats to give a good color.
It is a good idea to fly a remote control helicopter only in an open area. Also, you can mark the blades with colorful tape so that these can be distinguished when in air. Before flying a remote controlled helicopter, make sure that its batteries are fully charged.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …