How To Make A Resume On Microsoft Word
In today's job market, you need every advantage you can get. This starts with your resume. Learn about how to make a resume on Microsoft Word in order to create a professional, yet original resume that will stand out in the face of competition. Before you continue, first make sure that your computer has the latest updates, otherwise some of the templates might not open due to compatibility issues.
- Open Microsoft Word. Select "New Document."
- Choose a style. Select a "Job-Specific" resume or a "Basic" resume.
- Choose a Template. You can choose from templates from Microsoft online by selecting "download now" or you can use one of the templates which are already installed. Either way, it will be free to you are a Microsoft user.
- Preview your resume. If you like the sample resume, select "create a new document" or "create a new template" and continue. If the sample resume is not what you are looking for, continue perusing until you find the best resume.
- Personalize your resume. Type over the text where it is indicated, to make the template applicable to your experiences and objectives.
- Save and print your resume. Sometimes your resume might look different than it does on the print preview feature, so you should print a copy to ensure your future employer is receiving what you intended to create.