Need to know how to make a reusable sandwich wrapper? You can make a reusable sandwich wrapper to eliminate the need for plastic sandwich bags or plastic wrap. Your sandwich wrapper doubles as a place mat for your meal. This wrapper is washable and easy to make. Make several in different colors for yourself or to give as gifts.
To make your reusable sandwich wrapper, you'll need:
- 1/3 yard of fabric
- A 12-inch square piece of heavy plastic
- Two one-inch pieces of hook-and-loop fastener
- To make a reusable sandwich wrapper, first cut two 12-inch squares of fabric. Lay one of the fabric squares right side up on a table or other flat surface.
- Lay the piece of plastic over the fabric. Lay the second piece of fabric, wrong side facing you, on top of the plastic.
- Sew the three pieces together. Sew a 1/4 inch seam around three sides and partially around the fourth side, leaving an opening about three inches long.
- Turn the pieces right side out. You should have fabric on one side and plastic on the other.
- Sew a hook section of your fastener to each corner on the right side of the plastic side of the wrap. Sew a loop section to each corner on the left side of the fabric side of the wrap. Your reusable sandwich wrapper is now complete.
- Place your sandwich in the center of the wrap with the wrap turned on a diagonal. Bring two opposite corners of the wrap together. Fold the other opposite corners over the first. Your sandwich is ready to go.
You can use matching or contrasting fabric for your two pieces, or even use two bandanas. For the plastic, use a heavy plastic bag cut open, a piece of an old shower curtain or a vinyl tablecloth. Wipe clean or wash your reusable sandwich wrapper by hand in soapy water. Hang to dry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.