Learning how to make rice dumpling will come in handy if you want to enjoy some tasty dumplings for a special occasion. Although people tend to make rice dumplings in different ways and using different leaves or ingredients, one thing always remains constant ; each dumpling is as delicious and mouthwatering as the next.
To make rice dumplings you will need:
- 20 dried bamboo leaves
- Plant based string- for tying
- 3 cups glutinous rice
- 3 Chicken breast cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 8 Chinese mushroom soaked and thinly sliced
- 4 onions sliced
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- vegetable oil
- Soak your dried bamboo leaves, string and rice in water the night before you make your rice dumplings. Drain the water from your bamboo leaves, string and rice before you are ready to prepare your dumplings.
- In a wok heat oil and add garlic. Saute for about a minute.
- Add the chicken into the wok. Then add the mushrooms and onions after about three minutes.
- Add soy sauce, salt and pepper. Check your seasoning, you may want to add more or less soy sauce depending on your preference.
- Continue to stir fry your chicken and vegetables until the chicken is fully cooked. Allow your chicken and vegetables time to cool before you continue making your rice dumplings.
- Take two bamboo leaves, fold them together down the middle and make a pouch.
- Add one tablespoon of rice into the pouch. Then add meat, vegetables and another spoonful of rice. You may need to use more or less rice and meat depending on how big your leaves are.
- Close the leaves and tie with the string. Make sure your rice dumplings are tied securely or it may come apart.
- You should repeat steps nine through thirteen to complete your rice dumplings.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add your rice dumplings and cook for about two hours.
- Remove your dumpling, unwrap and serve while hot .
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.