If you are looking to make a true New Yorker's Italian meal, then you need to learn how to make rigatoni genovese. This flavorful dish is sure to please everyone at the table all night. Everyone will be asking for more, as well as asking how to make rigatoni genovese. You will have the power to tell them its a family secret, or you can give them the recipe how to make rigatoni genovese. Enjoy the aroma which will fill your home, and how impressed all of your lady guests will be. Enjoy learning how to make rigatoni genovese, and perfecting the nature of the delicious shop.
What You Will Need To Make Rigatoni Genovese:
- 12 oz of rigatoni noodles
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of roasted walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Bring water to a boil and put a pinch of salt into the pot before it starts boiling. Cook the rigatoni noodle until they are done al dente. Drain and set to the side. Leave 1/4 cup of the cooking water with the noodles, or put into a large bowl.
- While you are cooking your noodles, it is time to prepare the genovese sauce. You will need to get a food processor and slowly process all ingredients besides the noodles. Make sure you put in everything in the order it is written above. When adding the extra virgin olive oil, make sure you add it in a small, steady, and slow stream into the processor. Process until smooth consistency.
- Put your noodles in a large bowl with the 1/4 cup of cooking water. Add the genovese sauce on top, and toss together.