How To Make A Ringtone
Millions of you are currently wondering how to make a ringtone. Making a ringtone can be both fun and cost efficient. Making ringtones come in handy for both your original music and the latest hit singles.
To make a ringtone, you will need:
- cellular device
- audio editing program
- BitPim software
- Connect your cellular device to your computer. Connect your cell phone to your computer. You can use a USB cord that fits into your phone port. Once your phone is connected, install Bitpim free software.
- Edit your audio sample. This is the second step in making a ringtone. You can select and original music piece or a song from your favorite artist. You will need to use an audio editing software. Audacity is a good one. Use the software to cut your audio sample to the desired length. You will then need to make sure the file is in mp3 format.
- Import your ringtone into BitPim. Go to the media category and select ringers. You will then need to choose add ringer from the toolbar. Select the file that you plan on using to make your ringtone. At this point you can choose your start and stopping point. This is also where you will choose bitrate. Most audio files sold online come at a 128 bitrate. Bitpim will reset it to 48. It is okay to change it. Bitpim may tell you that the file is too large. This is not always so.
- Send your ringtone to your phone. At the top of the toolbar, select the send phone data option. All the files in your ringer folder will be sent. A pop up window will appear. Choose the ringtones box only. The add option should be selected. Be careful not to have the replace all option selected. This will lead to important information being deleted from your phone.
- Find and use your ringtone. The last part of making a ringtone is actually enjoying it. The ringtone should be located in the same folder as any other ringtones you have previously purchased. Select it and apply it as you would like.
Posted on: Jun. 01, 2010