How To Make Ringtones
Knowing how to make ringtones for your phone can be as important as how to dress. Your ringtone is a symbol of your personality and can be as unique as you are. It doesn't take special training, a musical background or even a computer background to make your own ringtone. With the right software and a few easy steps, you can begin creating your own ringtones that fit you and your mood.
To make your own ringtone, you will need:
- Ringtone-making software (can be downloaded for free in many cases)
- A compatible cell phone with internet capability, cable file transfer or Bluetooth
- Music files in MP3 format.
- Download your chosen ringtone-making software. This can be any free software of your choice. However, for the purposes of this guide we will be using The Ringtone Maker, available for download at the link below.
- Follow the step-by-step wizard provided with your software. The Ringtone Maker software has a step-by-step wizard that will make it very easy for you, whether you are a beginner or advanced ringtone maker, to utilize your own music to make the ringtone that fits your style.
- Select the portion of the song that you would like to use. This step is important as you cannot use the entire song. You must limit your time to around twenty seconds, so choose the segment of the song you wish to use carefully.
- Send your new ringtone to your phone. The method of doing this will depend entirely on your phone and its download options. To make your ringtone work you will need to either utilize your phone's internet options, cable or Bluetooth software. Instructions for this can be found on your phone provider's website or in your phone manual.
- Check your ringtone file. Once you have sent your file to your phone and it is uploaded to your ringtone options, then choose the ringtone you just made. Listen for quality, length and sound. If you are happy with your new ringtone, save it. If you aren't happy, then repeat the steps above as needed.
Make sure before you download any ringtone software that it is legitimate and compatible with your phone and computer operating system. You can check on your chosen software site for compatibility. Another tip is to ensure that the file you are downloading is free of any virus or malware. You can do this by running the file through your anti-virus program prior to install.