Knowing how to make a Rob Roy Cocktail could really impress many people. The Rob Roy Cocktail was created in 1890 in New York City and it can be made dry, sweet or perfect. When ordering a Rob Roy Cocktail, unless you specify otherwise, you will get the sweet version by default.
When making a Rob Roy Cocktail, you will need:
- 1.5 fluid ounces of Scotch Whiskey
- 0.85 fluid ounces of Sweet Vermouth
- Dash of Bitters
- Maraschino Cherry
- Crushed Ice Cubes
- Cocktail Glass
How to make a Rob Roy Cocktail:
- Mix Scotch Whiskey, Sweet Vermouth, and a dash of Bitters into a mixing glass halfway full. You will want to add these ingredients into your glass until midway full. Make sure that you take a straw and mix them together well. You can add more of either main ingredient based upon your taste.
- Add your crushed ice cubes. After mixing your ingredients together, you will then add your crushed ice. You can add as much or little as you desire. Stir the ice in with the drink.
- Strain and pour the drink into cocktail glass. After mixing the ingredients together with the ice, you will want to strain and pour the drink into your cocktail glass.
- Add the Maraschino Cherry to the drink. You will now add the cherry to the drink. You will just let it float in your drink, giving the drink a really sweet taste.
If you are interested in making the Dry Rob Roy Cocktail, you will want to take out the sweet vermouth and use dry vermouth. You will also substitute the cherry for the lemon twist.
If you are interested in making the Perfect Rob Roy Cocktail, you will be mixing the sweet with the sour. You will want to add sweet and dry vermouth equally. You can also use a lemon twist with the perfect Rob Roy Cocktail.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?