Learn how to make Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Apples at home. Caramel apples like the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Apples are a decadent treat. Enjoy creating your own apple treats like the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Apples to share with your friends and family.
To make apples like Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Apples, you will need:
- Six medium Granny Smith green apples
- Six wooden craft sticks
- Fine grade sandpaper
- Cookie sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Medium saucepan
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Fourteen ounce package of caramels, unwrapped
- Two tablespoons of water
- One-half of a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips, milk chocolate and/or white chocolate
- Assorted candies, nuts or sprinkles
- Prepare your apples. Start by using a fine sandpaper to gently sand the apples. Sanding the apples will help the melted caramel to stick to the apple. After sanding wash the apples. .
- Insert the craft sticks into the apples. Place the apples on a cookie sheet that is covered in lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Combine the unwrapped caramels and water in a saucepan. Cook over low heat. Stir the ingredients often until caramels have melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Dip the apples into the caramel mixture. Use the edge of the saucepan to help remove excess caramel mixture. Place the dipped apples back on the aluminum foil lined cookie sheet.
- Allow the dipped apples to cool. To speed up the cooling process, the apples can be placed in the refrigerator.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Microwave the chocolate chips in thirty second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the caramel apples. Immediately after drizzling the chocolate, sprinkle the caramel apples with the candy or sprinkles. Allow the coated apples to set. To accelerate the setting process the apples can be returned to the refrigerator. Once set the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Apples knock offs are ready to be served.
- Popular Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Apples are covered in toppings such as chopped Snickers, chopped toffee, mini M&M’s and chopped nuts.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…