Learning how to make a rosemary massage oil is simple. Making your own rosemary massage oil gives you the option to make it with heavy or light oil or a combination of oils. Learning to prepare herbs for massage gives you the option to use any herb or combination of herbs you like in your massage oil.
To make rosemary massage oil, you will need:
- Base Oil (canola, safflower, olive, peanut, jojoba)
- Fresh Rosemary
- Glass or plastic bottle
- Prepare the rosemary. Wash the fresh rosemary in clear water and place on a paper towel to dry. Remove the pointed rosemary leaves from the stem and place on a paper towel to dry completely overnight.
- Sterilize the bottle. Wash the bottle in hot soapy and rinse in very hot water or run the bottle through the dishwasher to sterilize.
- Fill the bottle. Place the dry rosemary leaves in the bottom of the bottle. Fill the bottle almost to the top with base oil. Tighten the lid. You can use a combination of oils for base oil in rosemary massage oil. Different oils have different properties when used on the skin. For instance, safflower oil is very light with a mild smell that is easily absorbed into the skin and makes gentle massage oil. Safflower oil has healing properties and will aid the quick healing of cuts, scrapes, or blemishes. Olive oil is heavier oil that sits on top of the skin and has little absorption making it heavy moisturizing massage oil. Olive oil is a great moisturizer for the skin. A combination of Safflower oil and olive oil gives the skin softness and moisture.
- Place the bottle on a sunny counter or in a sunny window. Shake the bottle of oil each day for six weeks. At the end of six weeks, strain out the rosemary leaves and return the oil to the bottle. The rosemary massage oil is ready to use.
Tips/Warnings: Fresh rosemary leaves can be substituted with concentrated rosemary essential oil. Use 8 drops of rosemary essential oil per ½ cup of oil. Do not use wet rosemary leaves. Any moisture on the rosemary leaves will cloud the massage oil.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?