How To Make Rum Balls
After you learn how to make rum balls, you’ll be the life of every party you attend. Delicious, sophisticated and a fun conversation topic, rum balls are much easier to make than most people realize.
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. of corn syrup
- 1/3 cup of rum
- 2 cups of crushed vanilla wafers
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup of chopped nuts
Directions to make rum balls:
- Melt the chocolate chips. You may use the microwave or a double boiler. Just make sure you stir often, or your rum balls will have pieces of burned chocolate in them.
- Add the corn syrup and stir well. This will help cool the chocolate, but it will be very sticky. Be prepared for some resistance, but it’ll be worth it when you taste these delicious rum balls.
- While the mixture is still slightly warm, slowly add the rum. The aroma may tempt you to taste it, but resist because your rum balls won’t turn out if anything is missing.
- After the rum has been stirred into the mixture, add the crushed vanilla wafer, half the powdered sugar and all the chopped nuts. Fold these ingredients into the mixture. Refrigerate for approximately a half hour to an hour so the rum balls will hold their shape.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge. Use a spoon to scoop out consistent amounts of the rum ball mixture. Roll it into balls.
- Put the rest of the powdered sugar on some wax paper on the counter. Roll the rum balls around in it to coat them evenly. If you have any extra crushed nuts, you can roll the rum balls around in that as well.
- Refrigerate the rum balls in a container with a lid. They will still be good a week or two later, so make them in advance so you can relax before the party.
Find an attractive container to put them in to make the rum ball presentation special. After everyone finds out about your culinary skills, you’ll be high on everyone’s party guest list. You might even want to double your recipe to keep up with the demand for your delicious rum balls.