If you know how to make rum punch, you know how to throw a party. This delightful concoction is an absolute must if you are have a huge celebration. A well-made rum punch will go down smoothly and taste like punch, but will also give you the effects of drinking rum. The best part about this drink is that it is very easy to make. In fact, in only a few simple steps, you can make rum punch that all of your guests will enjoy.
To learn how to make rum punch, you will need:
- Punch bowl or large pitcher
- 16 oz. rum
- 1 frozen can orange juice
- 48 oz. can of pineapple juice
- 15 oz. can of cream of coconut
- Fruit (cherries, pineapples, oranges)
- Tropical flowers
- Fill a punch bowl or large pitcher with ice. Try to use large, solid pieces of ice. Shaved ice, crushed ice or cubed ice has a tendency to melt quicker and dilute the overall power of the rum punch.
- Thaw and chill the juices. Thaw the frozen can of orange juice. Place the can in the refrigerator while it thaws to ensure that it remains chilled. You will also want to chill the pineapple juice by placing it in the freezer for several minutes. Well-chilled juices add to the overall flavor and effect of the rum punch.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Pour the entire bottle of rum into the punch bowl or pitcher. Add the cream of coconut and stir well. You can add the grenadine at this time; however, use it sparingly because the grenadine only serves to add a little extra flavor when you make rum punch.
- Garnish with flowers, umbrellas, pineapple slices and other fruits. Adding fruit to your rum punch not only serves to increase its table appeal, but it also will soak up some of the alcohol, making it a wonderful treat for your guests. Also make sure to keep a well supplied stock of ice on hand to serve with your rum punch.