Learn how to make salsa from fresh tomatoes and impress your guests the next time you host a party. Making salsa from fresh tomatoes is also a great dish to bring to a party so you will always be glad you learned how to make salsa from fresh tomatoes. Not only is fresh salsa a treat for your taste buds, but it's super healthy! You will never want to settle for store bought salsa again.
To learn how to make salsa from fresh tomatoes, you will need:
- Six to eight ripe tomatoes
- One red onion
- Two medium cloves of garlic
- The juice of one lime or lemon, which ever you prefer
- One bunch of fresh cilantro
- One third of a jar of sliced jalapenos
- A sharp serrated knife
- A large bowl
- A large spoon
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly. Cut out the stem end, being careful not to waste any of the tomato itself. Cut into small chunks with a sharp, serrated knife and put into a large bowl. Learning how to make salsa from fresh tomatoes can be very time consuming, but well worth the effort.
- Chop up the red onion into very small chunks. Chop the garlic into even smaller bits. The tinier bits you cut the garlic into, the better. Fresh garlic can be very strong for some people that aren't used to it. Add these to your bowl of tomatoes, but don't mix it yet.
- Juice the lemon or the lime. If you don't have a juicer, you can cut the fruit in half and squeeze out the juice by hand into a small bowl. Only after you're sure you've gotten all the seeds out, add it to the larger bowl of ingredients, still not mixing yet. Knowing how to make salsa from fresh tomatoes means not over mixing your ingredients.
- Rinse the cilantro thoroughly, as sometimes it may have a little dust or dirt on it. After examining it closely to make sure it's clean, roll it up tightly. Cut through one end of the rolled up bunch at a little less than a fourth of an inch. Cut through the whole bunch using this same measurement. When you're done cutting through all the cilantro, you may need to go back and chop it all once more to ensure the pieces are all small enough.
- Chop the jalapenos and add them to the larger bowl. You may need more or less jalapenos, depending on your affinity for peppers. The beauty of this recipe is that you can customize it very easily. Knowing how to make salsa from fresh tomatoes properly is a gift for picky salsa eaters.
- Add the cilantro to the larger bowl, and with a large wooden, metal, or plastic spoon, mix gently. Refrigerate in a glass jar or tightly covered container for up to a week. Once you know how to make salsa from fresh tomatoes, you'll never go back to salsa from a jar!
Tip: When working with jalapenos, be careful never to touch your eyes or mucous membranes until you have thoroughly washed your hands.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."